How to Apply?
Check out the available positions or submit an open application at email@example.com
with your resume and a cover letter telling a little bit about yourself.
Why Work at Nimble?
- To immerse yourself in our dynamic work environment.
- To join a brilliant team of entrepreneurially driven talent.
- To enjoy the freedom to do what you do best.
- And to be part of something big!
About the Company
Nimble is a fast-paced startup located in the heart of L.A.'s tech scene, Santa Monica. We are backed by an impressive list of investors including Google VC, Mark Cuban and Dharmesh Shah. At Nimble, we envision a world in which every business relationship is meaningful and mutually beneficial. We focus on helping business professionals build deeper relationships with people that matters and avoid missing business opportunities.
We are seeking a highly motivated UX Designer with a strong understanding of interaction design, to contribute in shaping the user interface of our product and strengthening our online presence across web and mobile devices. We drive our product by the user experience, and need someone with the skills who can keep up and push the vision forward.
You will work directly with other members of the product team to build user interaction designs and high fidelity visual designs for both web and mobile. You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup-like environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly – have fun.
What You'll Be Doing
- Pairing up with a product manager to conduct user testing sessions. You'll meet frequently with customers to share your prototypes with them and get their feedback. You'll take that feedback, quickly iterate, and go back to the customer with your new ideas. Rinse and repeat until you find just the right way to solve their particular problem.
- Helping product managers define new features, or whole products, for our engineering team. We try to keep documentation to a minimum and rely heavily on our prototypes for guidance, so you play a critical role here.
- Developing high fidelity visual designs (PSD) based on the interaction design requirements.
- Overseeing the development of your concepts by our engineering team. Answering questions, clarifying designs, and sometimes jumping into the code yourself to polish a few details are all par for the course.
- Educating the product team about design principles and helping further grow our design culture and community here at Nimble.
An Ideal Candidate
- Your visual design skills are nothing to sneeze at. Interaction design is the most important discipline for this role, and you likely won't be asked to redesign our entire product line. However, we don't have separate visual designers and you will frequently be asked to apply the Nimble creative vision and aesthetic to new design patterns and use cases. Your efforts here should not disappoint.
- You get excited to work on a product that people love using. We're building software that real companies are using and we need you to contribute to our evolution. You must be excited about your role! Anybody can build something that's "good", but true passion breeds "incredible".
- You like to deliver real results, and work fast. You know how to iterate quickly on concepts, and think in terms of "hours and days," not "weeks and months." Bonus if you have familiarity and experience with many of the techniques for rapid and collaborative design associated with Lean UX.
- This goes without saying, but you must be able to communicate your ideas and designs with the team. On occasion, will have to receive feedback from our customers. For that reason alone, you must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity, creativity, and ambition. Expensive diploma or not, true talent isn't always something that can be taught in school. Ideally you would have done similar work formally or informally; but maybe you're gifted, self taught or have been freelancing for years. If you think you have what it takes let us know.
At Nimble, we strive to help business professionals build deeper relationships with people that matters and ultimately make them more successful – do you want to be part of this journey? If so, send your resume to us. You must include a design portfolio, which contains not only finished product but also showcases your thought process and mastery of interaction design for Internet applications.