You’ve had a long day at a conference, and your wallet is a little bit thicker with the spoils of your networking successes. Throughout your meetings, you’ve collected business cards from potential new leads, and now it’s time to enter them as new contacts into your CRM.
Rather than typing all of this information out manually, why not let your phone do the work for you? Using CamCard’s business card scanner for Android, you can easily add business cards as new contacts to your phonebook! Then, using the Nimble mobile app, your business cards become new contacts in Nimble, ready to be nurtured!
Let’s get started:
1) Visit the Google Play store on your phone, and search for “CamCard Free – Business Card Reader”. Tap “Install” to install it on your phone.
2) Tap “Sign Up” and follow the prompts to create an account.
3) Once you’re all set up, you’ll be brought to your Profile page in the CamCard app. Tap the back button in the top left corner to display the “All Cards” page.
4) If you have a business card ready to scan, tap the camera icon in the bottom center, and take a picture of your business card.
5) CamCard will ask you to review the business card information, to ensure it is correct. Make changes if necessary, and tap the disk icon in the top right corner to save the contact.
6) Next, the app will prompt you to select where you would like to store it. Choose your phone’s address book.
7) Visit your phone’s address book to verify the contact was correctly added!
8) Next, open up the Nimble mobile app and sign in! If you have not already installed it to your phone, it can be downloaded from the Google Play store.
9) Tap the settings icon in the lower right corner of the app, and head to the “Import” settings. Tap “Phonebook” sync, and you will be brought to your contact sync settings for the Nimble mobile app.
10) Tap “Sync now” to begin your first sync! It will take some time for the app to import your phonebook to your contacts database in Nimble.
11) After your contacts have been synced from your Phonebook to Nimble, it’s time to check your database to be sure your business card made it through. Tap the “Contacts” icon, and search for your newly added business card contact.
Just like that, the contact appears!
When using the Nimble mobile app, feel free to adjust your settings for contacts sync! You can choose specific groups from your phone to import contacts from, and what tag will be applied to these contacts when they are imported to Nimble.
You may also choose to set up an automatic sync of your phone’s contacts to Nimble by tapping “Sync in background”. The Nimble mobile app will automatically sync contacts from your phone to Nimble about once per hour!
Now sit back, relax, and allow Nimble to automatically take care of adding your business card contacts to your database.