Every person who owns and operates a business wants it to be successful and profitable.
If you are a CEO, president, founder or business owner and you find yourself saying: I want to make more of a profit. I want to grow my business.
Ask yourself: How am I going to do that?
Add more equipment in or outside of the office?
Run more advertising?
You can do many things which will all impact the company’s bottom line and influence in the marketplace.
Here is the best way to grow a profitable business just by remembering this phrase:
Grow your people; grow your business.
- Hire the right people. Attitude first. Then skills, talent, experience, education.
- Train your employees on a continual basis. Not just when initially hired. Even your highest performing employees need ongoing training.
- Keep employees updated about the company. Knowledge only will make everyone better at what they do.
- Create a culture employees will enjoy working in every day.
- Hire self-motivated individuals but also motivate everyone you work with.
- Have goals on a company-wide basis and individually.
- Take time to know your co-workers; who they are; how they think in a work environment.
If you can grow the people you work with to…
- Understand the company’s products and services better
- Bring in more sales
- Perform according to, or exceed, job descriptions
- Light a fire of motivation to inspire
… then you are going to grow your business.
Just making a point of telling someone to “make more sales” or “be a better customer service representative” isn’t going to grow your business – or even improve your business. As the leader of your company you need to have employees and co-workers that understand and embrace the company mission. When this objective is met, the more successful the company and everyone who works for it will be.
Remember: To grow your people; to grow your business you need to take the initiative to grow yourself as a manager, a leader and as a CEO, president, founder or owner. Business growth starts with you at the top of the company.
Most people want to do a good, if not excellent, job. It’s the leader who leads them through the business day that’s going to make the difference in the level of success.
If you really want to be more successful – more profitable – and to grow your business then starting TODAY (not tomorrow, next week or next month) start thinking and putting into action how you are going to grow your people.
Make them feel part of the business.
Make them feel like they are part of a winning team.
Let them know you appreciate the work they do on behalf of the company.
Then every day will bring more business growth.
To your success!