In preparation for a very productive 2013, Nimble is seeking to hire a crazy talented UX Designer to join its team in Santa Monica, California. We strongly believe that a valuable tool is not only easy to use, but also intuitive and pleasing to the user. As the UX Designer for Nimble you will be integral to the success of many important product launches including a new mobile application and several prominent application integrations.
About the Company
Nimble envisions a world in which every business relationship is meaningful and mutually beneficial. To enable this vision, we help business teams nurture stronger relationships to make them more productive and successful. We focus on providing insight about business contacts and helping teams engage those contacts and close more business opportunities. We do so by creating a tool that is simple to use, integrated, and intelligent.
Some might call us a CRM, but we’re not your father’s Customer Relationship Management tool. Nimble combines the best of high-end CRM, social media and collaborative tools into one simple and affordable, web-based solution.
The User Experience Designer reports to the Director of Product and is a key member of the company’s product team, where we are helping business teams unlock the full potential of their relationships. You will be responsible for delivering user interaction designs for product enhancements on web and mobile. You will also provide oversight of visual design and final implementation of the UI. In addition, you will be responsible for defining overarching interaction guidelines and training the product team in interaction design principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the product team to understand user needs and business objectives
- Develop user interaction designs for product enhancements on web (~80%) and mobile (~20%) consisting of storyboards, wireframes, and interaction flow diagrams
- Oversee visual design (we don’t expect you to be a master of both interaction design and visual design, but we do expect you to have a good eye)
- Work with local and remote development teams by articulating design decisions, reviewing their work, and providing feedback
- When necessary, build paper & clickable prototypes
- Define overarching interaction guidelines
- Review design work produced by other members of the product team for quality and consistency with design guidelines
- Educate product team about design principles
- Establish and defend user-centric design ethos
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience working as a User Interaction Designer (or similar role) in the design of web applications (SaaS). Mobile application design experience a plus.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing samples of interaction design work
- Bachelors or masters degree in a product design related field such as: Interaction or Interface Design, Interactive Media, HCI, Graphic or Industrial Design
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MFA desired
- CRM market experience desired
Nimble Product Team Core Values
- Deliver valued improvements
- Take risks
- Be honest
- Be collaborative and build a positive team spirit
- Be efficient
- Learn continuously
- Act with confidence
- Be persistent
- Be proactive
- Be flexible
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an email to email@example.com and include a resume and samples of your work.